Deadline: 15 Aug 22
The Africa Digital Media Foundation (ADMF), in association with the Heva Fund, AFD, the European Union, the French Embassy in Kenya and the Animation Artists Association, is launching the third cohort of the CreaTech Animation Incubator to equip talented East African animators with an investor-ready pitch they can use to attract investment and showcase at local, regional and international festivals.
Individual animators and teams with the most engaging, outstanding and distinctive anime series project ideas are invited to apply to participate as fellows in this unique incubator. Adapted from ADMF’s Scaling Accelerator, the incubator will provide 20 animators or teams with the mentorship they need to develop relevant animation projects that appeal to local and global audiences.
The CreaTech Incubator will be a 12-week BootCamp that will include high-level mentorship and training with established industry professionals. Experts will include industry experts in animation, storytelling, music and sound, as well as international broadcasters, distributors and sales agents. Teams will receive technical training to refine their animation projects and pitches, as well as market training to position their projects for success with investments and festivals.
Topics will include:
- Project Planning/Production Schedule
- History and scenarios
- character development
- Audio Dubbing – Audio Guide for Animation
- character animation
- Video montage
- Automatic Dialog Replacement
- SFX -Sound Effects
- Sheet music
- Sound design
- Pitch Bible
- Marketing & Distribution.
- Call open to all residents of East Africa.
- Must be over 18 years of age and a citizen of an East African country with a valid passport (or the ability to obtain a passport prior to the announcement of the successful finalists).
- Submit an anime series concept that demonstrates creativity and uniqueness
- Demonstrate a passion for animation and establish a long-term career in the animation industry
- Commit to attending all webinars and mentoring sessions
- Agree to participate and contribute significantly to each component of the program
- Acknowledge CreaTech Animation Incubator and ADMF via social media, if accepted into the program.
For more information, visit https://admf.or.ke/animationincubator/